Last Updated: October 9, 2019.
Current Version: 1.0.1
What Is It?
Easily and quickly reschedule published posts to be re-published on certain times. The plugin supports multiple reschedule dates.
It’s a simple plugin that doesn’t have any configurable options. It currently works only with posts and does not work with any custom post types (though it is easy to add this functionality).
Why Use It?
- You’ve updated a post and want it to show up at the top of your feed automatically.
- Helps with Google’s “freshness” indicator for SEO (I assume you’ll really update your content).
- Allows for a rotation of content for new visitors.
How To Use?
- Install and activate the WordPress plugin on your website. This can be done with the “Plugins” section by selecting “Add New”. Then search for “My Affiliate Link”.
- On the right side of any published post, expand the “Reschedule post” To view the selector.
- Enter a date in the future and select the “Add” button.
- Optionally you can enter multiple dates to the same post.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately no. This plugin ONLY updates the post date. It does not modify the content in any way. So what you must do is update the content before rescheduling the post. Which will mean the updated content will be available live on your site.
WordPress uses the wp-cron.php script to perform scheduled tasks. Unfortunately, it’s not reliable and only runs when the next visitor visits your website. Instead, you are best to convert your wp-cron into a real cronjob. For more information on how to do this, read this article.
- First version released to the WordPress community.