KWFinder is a Google SEO and paid traffic keyword research tool.
While my primary tool is Ahrefs, I’ve found their data on search volume per month and difficulty rank is unreliable at best. I found Ahrefs to be completely unreliable for longer-tailed keywords – How can a search result yield zero results?
So in my hunt to find another SEO keyword research tool, I found KWFinder by Mangools.
Ahrefs, Mangools, and Semrush hold very close to their chest where they get the metrics from. They certainly don’t get this information directly from Google. In many cases, it’s a combination of many sources: data from third-party data services, installed software (ie anti-virus), their own website usage, and Google Chrome plugins.
That being said, I found KWFinder to have better data for my keyword research. This review of KWFinder will go over its key features and functionality.
- Keyword research is second to none — From my testing KWFinder has some of the best keyword research results.
- Tie-in to their other services — Links up to Mangools other tools.
- Great Long-Tail Data — KWFinder has data for long tail searches that other tools like Ahrefs does not have any insight into SEO research.
- Competitor Research Isn't Great — Ahrefs is a much better tool for researching competing blogs and use that tool instead.
- Other Mangools Are OK At Best — I'm not a fan of Mangools other SEO tools and prefer Ahrefs instead.
What is KWFinder?
KWFinder SEO keyword search tool which is part of Mangools SEO toolkit. KWFinder was the first tool created in August 2014 by Peter Hrbáčik. It eventually turned into a suite of tools named Mangools which KWFinder is a part of that service.
- Keyword Research — find the monthly search volume and the relative difficulty of ranking for that keyword.
- Search By Location — City, Region, County, Stats, and Country.
- Search by Domain — Discover what keywords a competing website ranks for.
- Keyword Lists — Create lists of keywords for future articles and competitive research
- Export — You can export your keywords into a CSV file format to upload to Google Sheets.
|Feature||Mangools Basic||Mangools Premium||Bangools Agency|
|Keyword Lookups||100 / 24 h||500 / 24 h||1,200 / 24 h|
KWFinder pricing is much cheaper when compared to the alternatives like Ahrefs. In addition, you can save 40% on KWFinder annual plans.
Keep in mind, you not only get access to KWFinder but Mangools suite of other services: SERPChecker, SERPWatcher, LinkMiner, and SiteProfiler.
- $99 - $999 per month
From my own antidotal testing, I’ve found KWfinder’s search volume data to be much more accurate than Ahrefs. I’ve found long-tailed search queries in Ahrefs to be unreliable or no information at all. Whereas Mangools KWFinder I found gave me more information for the search terms I need data.
KWFinder is a great keyword research tool, if you are looking for just one tool to start with that’s cheap. KWFinder is a good option to use. In my case, I still use Ahrefs to help with competitor analysis. Mangools other tools are just ok and prefer Ahrefs instead.
If you can afford it use KWFinder for keyword research only and Ahrefs for finding keywords and the other features available in Ahrefs.
Though if I was just starting out KWFinder would be my SEO keyword research tool of choice.